• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen burn from Google Search Bar

Hi Forum,

I have noticed various threads about screen burn, but i have not seen any specific one for the S2 for a while.

Has anyone else noticed a problem with the google search bar being 'burnt' into the display.

I have had the phone since around May and its only recently i have discovered this has happened, over the past couple of weeks i have noticed 'something' on the screen, but never paid too much attention to it - its only when i had a close look at it that i discovered it is the exact outline of the google search bar which is placed on the desktop of the phone.

My phone is set to auto brightness and switches off after a maximum of 10 minutes (this is the longest time out you can set).

So my main questions are:-

1.) Has anyone else noticed this happening

2.) Is it covered under warranty (i have heard people say yes it is and also no it is not).

3.) I have read that its possible to 'recharge' the burnt sections by displaying a white image on max brightness (its done on plasma TVs apparently) - anyone tried this. I did it for a couple of hours and i think it may now be looking slightly better, but maybe its just me wanting it to look better.

Cheers in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones