1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General screen burn in?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rynnnn, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Rynnnn

Rynnnn Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    The transformer prime was my first tablet and i owned it for about 4 days. At this point i just returned it because honestly I was worried about the problems.

One problem that really led to me returning it was a screen burn in issue. i relize that it is probally not screen burn in because i don't think that can even happen to lcd displays. That however is the best way to describe the issue i had.

The first time I noticed it was after playing a n64 emulator. i probaly played it for about an hour and a half and then upon returning to the home screen i noticed a a pretty bad(in my opinion) screen burn in were the controls and even the black bar(from the corrected aspect ratio) on the right side of the screen. I could easly see it and it really. botheres me. After another about hour of use(just web browsing) it was still there. I turned it off and on again to check if that would fix it but it was still there. Upon leaving it off for the night the next day there was no sign of the burn in.

After web browsing again the next day in portrait mode, upon returning to landscape, there was burn in of the bottom bar with the time in it. once again leaving the screen off for about 4 hours and it was gone. This time however i was only usin the web browser for 45 min!

Anyone else having this problem or is there somthing wrong with mine. mabey it is simply the way the screen works but i can say with extended use with any static bars on my iphone i have never had a problem like this. For some people it may not matter but for me this problem is a deal breaker. Im just curiose if this was an isolated problem or it is common with tablets.

thanks and sorry for any grammer mistakes, i typed this all from my iphone and now my fingers are tired lol.

Advertisement