1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

screen burn

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by idamann, Jun 30, 2011.

1. idamann

idamann Newbie
    None

Sep 3, 2010
    master slave
    Orlando, FL
    OK, I've had my Epic since the day it came on the market and love it, but I just noticed a couple of days ago that the clock and top information bar is burned into the screen, I've worked in the rental computer business and when this happened to plasma screens we had a program that would run a TV test screen or TV snow for a day or two and viola, gone.

However, it does not seem to work after three nights of doing the same thing on my phone,,,anybody got a solution they know of?

I do have the insurance through Sprint, and if I can't fix this screen, I'll be demanding a new one.

Advertisement

2. idamann

idamann Newbie
    None

Sep 3, 2010
    master slave
    Orlando, FL
    and of course I had to notice it right when I started my vacation,,,ugggg

3. digitool

digitool Member
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Engineer
    Columbus OH
    Well, I have some screen burn but can't get rid of it. Thanks to using the desk clock dock... Fortunately I caught it with plenty of time (unfortunately after my time frame to return both docks I had purchased) and the burn isn't distracting and usually can only be seen on just a real light screen.

in theory, cranking the brightness way up and using a solid white screen should effectively "burn" it out... but thats just what you'd kind of assume, and we know what happens then...

4. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 22, 2009
    Damn never noticed it on mine but after this thread, I put it under a white background and there is burning in from where the notification bar is.

I would take it in but knowing the people that work at the Sprint store they would tell me off. The worst customer service I've encountered is always at the physical stores or kiosks.

5. Adrift

Adrift Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 1, 2009
    College...
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I use launcher pro and have always had my notification bar hidden... no burn in on mine.