• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen capture after update? (4.0.4)

RipGroove

May 20, 2011
My SGS 2 just had an update to 4.0.4 and now the screen capture does not work (vol down + lock button)

Has this feature been lost, has the button combo changed or is my phone just f*****d again?

All that happens when i press the above combo is either the volume goes down or the device restart menu pops up, have tried dozens of times now and nothing...

Process is same but use Home button instead of Volume(-) button :)
Thanks to the last reply from JellybeanS2.
Using the home button and the power button does work.
You do have to be super careful to press them together at exactly the same time though and then hold them both for a second or two.
I hope they don't change the combo again!

Thanks to RipGroove too.. Reading the thread again I see you answered your own question already...
All is well again :)

Reactions: xkannan
Upvote 0
Can you please change the tag to include the keyword "screenshot" one single word.... I din't find a thread with this keyword and ended up creating one more.

Thank you so much for your post. I was able to capture screen by simultaneously pressing home and power button and holding them together for few seconds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones