1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen Capture DDMS ADB Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JPiLLa, Dec 18, 2010.

1. JPiLLa

JPiLLa Newbie

Ok guys I need some help trying to take screen captures of my phone. Everytime I run the ddms.bat file I get an error message: "Failed to get the adb version: Cannot run program "adb": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified."

I've gone through all of the instructions and have searched the forums without any answers. Can anyone help?

Unrooted HTC Incredible running Android 2.2

dmbbxxx likes this.
  2. JPiLLa

JPiLLa Newbie

has nobody else really had this problem? :(

3. JPiLLa

JPiLLa Newbie

Originally Posted by paulmz [​IMG]
    JPiLLa:

The first (and only) thing I can think of is to make sure that you have all of the files (like the ADB) in the correct place:

[​IMG]

Make sure you're not missing anything.

Special thanks to paulmz!! the adb, adb2inapi, and adbwinusbapi files were not in the tools folder. I have no idea why they don't default there when you install the package.

larryvgs and Androinikos like this.
  4. ksfrogman

ksfrogman Newbie

I too am having the same exact problem. I've been trying to install this over the past two days and it is anything but "easy peasy." My tools folder is missing all the adb files. So where do I get them?

5. ksfrogman

ksfrogman Newbie

Okay, I just figured out where the files were. For the benefit of others who are trying to do this on an HTC Incredible (Not rooted), the best instructions I found were here:

The Android Blog - Take Screenshots On HTC Droid Incredible Without Rooting

The only thing that wasn't detailed was where those missing adb files were. I found them in my android-sdk-r08-windows>android-sdk-windows>platform-tools.

I grabbed the adb, AdbWinApi.dll, and AdbWinUsbApi.dll files and moved them from the platform tools folder into the tools folder. It all works now! Yay!

6. NorthstarNerd

NorthstarNerd Lurker

Thanks ... this was the missing link in setting up my HTC Incredible ... transferring the ADB files.

7. alpharomeoair

alpharomeoair Newbie

thanks! you are right, mine is also works now!

8. Androinikos

Androinikos Lurker

Thanks for the help - works great now!

9. Calikid1975

Calikid1975 Newbie

Mine works now as well !! I've spent the last two days trying to figure this out.. Now if I can just learn how to use it an read it.. (screen capture part is Piece of cake) but mine looks like its processing things when the phone is sleeping ???

10. GrabScents

GrabScents Lurker

May be a silly question..but, how do you transfer the ADB files?? Not seeing a cut option.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews