1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen Cleaning Paranoid question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by keerf, Dec 29, 2011.

1. keerf

keerf Member

Hey all,

Ok, so after reading by some folks the screen scratches easily, another person on androidcentral says his screen cracked from just puttin the phone in his pocket, you sometimes get a little leery (also when ou pay full retail).

I clean my screen usually once a day or so, and sometimes have to apply a little pressure to wipe the screen off. I assume unless I'm really pounding down on the screen like full force the screen isn't just going to crack from polishing it correct?

Stupid paranoid question I know, feel free to laugh :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lucifer

Lucifer Newbie

I am using Microfiber cleaning cloth. Same kind I'm using with my DSLR Camera and lenses, you do not need much pressure to clean screen. If put in the pocket, it will crack only if you put some pressure on it (bend it, against keys, etc.) Normal cleaning is not a problem.

3. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Agreed with the 'keys' comment.
    I always make sure that my phone is the only thing it that pocket (front pants pocket). No scratches, no extra stress when I sit down.

4. Lohung

Lohung Android Enthusiast

i wouldnt worry about scratching it. You seem intelligent anough that if you were to see a bunch of sand on the screen you wouldnt GRIND it off with a towel. I use my shift if i have to.. i just wet the screen slightly and wipe. Also man get a screen protect if you dont have one. I have a screen protector and i bought the OtterBox Defender which has a built in screen protector and i have had zero issues. i actually press decently hard what i clean it.

the people that are cracking screens are like the guy siad above. he is putting it in his pocket sitting on it which bends it, keys bending across the screen or grinding on it. i wouldnt worry about it at all. if you put it in your pocket get a good case liek the one i am using. If you clean it, you know things that scratch, rocks, pebbles, bambam, dino. You will be fine. The screen isnt a cheap piece of junk, but it isnt the razor's gorilla glass either.

hope this helped

5. keerf

keerf Member

Thanks all for the replies.

I guess my paranoia stemmed more from am I putting to much pressure on the screen when I wipe it off. Obviously I'm not going over it with a steam roller. Guess just new device paranoia :)

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews