1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support screen colour & resolution malfunction

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twraia, Dec 12, 2011.

1. twraia

twraia Newbie
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Australia
    Go guys,
    I encountered a rather worrisome with my galaxy note today.
    When I was charging it, I turned the screen on to used it, only to find that the screen colour and resolution were off.
    The colour looks very blue and the resolution looks low and foggy.
    I tried unplug the charger, but it didn't change anything.
    So I went into the screen setting to see if I could resolve it by setting everything back to default, and before I even started, the screen sort of flicked once and turned back to normal.
    I am wondering if this is a known problem. I've had three Samsung galaxy handsets before this one, and this has never occurred before.
    Given that I purchased this device from Poland, I am slightly concerned about this being a hardware problem.
    Thanks.

Advertisement

2. theelo

theelo Newbie
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    Romania
    It happen to me three times already in one month. Could be the phone's hardware but could be a software problem as well. When it happened to me the charger was not connected and every time happened when I tried to wake up the phone to use it. The whole display had a bluish tint but everything looked normal, all crisp and clear. Locking the phone and then unlocking it always reverted the things back to normal.
    Where is your phone made in? (you can check on the sticker under the battery). Mine says it's "made in Korea by Samsung" and was bought from a local Romanian dealer.

3. twraia

twraia Newbie
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Australia
    It says China.... now I am worried, haha
    my galaxy note is also plagued by a perhaps related issue.
    I usually do some causal readings before going to sleep. When I read news article in darkness, the white background on my galaxy note has the tendency to flicker from a green-ish tint to a blue-ish one.

In a previous post, I was told that this is because of the "power saving" function in the "dsiplay"; but I found out that turning it off didn't change anything.
    I guess I would just have to live with it for now, and hope it would be resolved with the ICS update

4. darthvedor

darthvedor Lurker
    None

Dec 18, 2011
    this is not a hardware problem. Just go to "Settings > Display > Auto Adjust Screen Power" and uncheck it. That should solve the problem :D

5. twraia

twraia Newbie
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Australia
    I did that, but the problem is still there though

6. theelo

theelo Newbie
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    Romania
    You could check your phone for problems at the Samsung service, maybe the internal display connector is loose or something. Try shaking the phone and see if something happens with the display.
    Or may be the power button (when mine turned blue I could see normal colors for a split of a second after pressing power button for locking the screen).

Now all the Notes sold here in Romania coming from Samsung are made in China and the same thing for Poland. Only the first ones, sold before official distributors had them in stock were made in Korea. I wouldn't worry too much where it's made.

7. twraia

twraia Newbie
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Australia
    It seems to me that a lot of people have encountered the same problem with green tint with the display of galaxy note

the problem became more pronounced as I dim the light and use the galaxy note with brightness set lower than 50%
    it keeps shimmer this green tint on and off
    it is quite annoying, yet because my phone was purchased oversea, I am not sure what I can do at the moment.
    It's no fun spending more than $800 on a faulty product..

8. theelo

theelo Newbie
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    Romania
    I can understand your concern, but I'm sure it's an issue that can be worked out somehow. ICS may solve that issue for good.
    I didn't have any more problems with mine yet except minor glitches like voice talk activating itself when phone's locked and eating my battery until I turn it off......
    It's a great piece of tech, but the software is way behind and it's limiting it's performance.