• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen deadzone, replaced digitizer twice

Cake Face

Lurker
Apr 16, 2014
Well, I've been going through hell and back with my HTC Desire C. I've replaced the screen 3 times in the past, and all of them have a deadzone each time. I just purchased the 3rd (and last, I'm done with the Desire) screen last week, came in today, and I replaced it with the previous screen that was dead-zoning in the center, and to my surprise, the new screen dead-zones in the center, in the most inconvenient places, making it nearly impossible to access certain apps/check messages.

I took apart my phone at least 20 times by now, make sure all the connects were securely in, made sure nothing is shorting out against anything, so right now I'm certain it is not the phone screens. Is this also a software issue? The deadzone seems to change shape when I rotate the screen horizontally, making it really annoying when texting. Can someone with more of a technical/repair knowledge help me out here?

Welcome to Android Forums.

I moved this thread to the forum dedicated to this phone. There are some other interesting threads in this forum that you might want to check out.

I have a seemingly off the wall question ... with all your screen replacements did you ever do a Factory Data Reset?

I have a Droid Maxx with three keys at the bottom of the screen. One day they stopped working. I was getting it prepared for replacement and the last thing I did was a Factory Data Reset. The keys started working again and have been fine for the last six months.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones