1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen Discolouration on RAZR HD (Rogers)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

This is now my second device from Rogers and I have the exact same issue as before. When I turn the screen on, at times it shows up discoloured (attached images) and the only way to get it back to normal state is to restart the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, do you know if there is a way to fix this through a software update? or would this more likely be a hardware issue?

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tatootie67

tatootie67 Member

Mine use to do that prior to the jb update.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

You got JB on the Rogers RAZR HD or is yours on Verizon? I thought Verizon RAZR HD got JB.

4. dhbuckley

dhbuckley Well-Known Member

I have RHDM and got the same (and different) color effects which have gone away since Jelly Bean update. Verizon also.

5. Xelios

Xelios Android Enthusiast

I'll be honest, I wouldn't settle for that. I'd call for a replacement, that's pretty unacceptable. Verizon RMHD here and I've had my screen show up as a solid color once and only once before. If it happened more than once (only required a screen off/on to fix), I'd have gotten my replacement already.

6. dhbuckley

dhbuckley Well-Known Member

When on ics, mine would go weird colors every so often but it would go away immediately when I turned screen off and back on. Not at all since jb.

7. ORD84

ORD84 Well-Known Member

Mine used to do that only with pink before the JB update on VZW...just had to turn off screen and turn it back on though..

seemed to fix it, though my screen liked to turn purple

8. Bartles

Bartles Newbie

I just sent mine back and a replacement is on the way due to screen issues. The left side was considerably more dim than the right side. Really drastic on whiter/lighter color pages. Hope the new one is better.

I have had to go back to my galaxy nexus till the new phone comes in and I cant believe how much better my razr Maxx HD is. The galaxy nexus just sucks....constantly cutting in and out of service with the crappy radio. My razr almost supernaturally finds 4g signals where you'd think you were geographically out of luck. And the battery life is such a difference that I pity all other phone users who have to be constantly mindful of battery life. My new way is this...should i charge it on day 2 or 3!!

9. Foster6565

Foster6565 Newbie

I still think its a problem with it being in a cold temperature. My first razr hd (just to test the theory) i put it in the refrigerator for ten minutes screen would turn blue every time i would unlock it until it got back to room temp. The new Razr HD replacement i just received i immediately did the same test and nothing, did the test actually to a more extreme degree haha i placed the replacement in the freezer for 15 minutes and nothing so at least this one works :D

Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD Forum

The Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 3300mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews