1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen doesn't light up when receiving text

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jasonT1981, Jun 20, 2014.

1. jasonT1981

jasonT1981 Lurker

I've had the phone a while, but one thing that bugs me is that the screen doesn't light up when I receive a text. I have my phone on silent a lot so I used to rely on my phone lighting up when a text came... however since getting this phone, it has never lit up when a text was received.

The tiny LED light has a slight blue light when I get a text, but its not noticeable unless the room is dark. I've ran through settings and can't find anything.

Why won't my screen light up when texts come? :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AndroidProf

AndroidProf Well-Known Member

maybe the phone doesn't this kind of setting, maybe its not supposed to show any light when a text is received. Or there's a possibility some settings in your phone i.e; power settings, prevent the light from being bright enough or from just showing, or there is a possibility that the silent setting affects the lighting when a text is received...just helping you think more, not really sure why you aren't getting the light when the text is received...

Sony Xperia E Forum

The Sony Xperia E release date was March 2013. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1530mAh battery.

March 2013
Release Date
Reviews