• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Doesnt Work

ssmith1092

Nov 6, 2009
So about a month ago i dropped my phone and i have a crack on the screen, but the screen still always worked and never had any problems with. By the way my droid if rooted and i have 2.2 on since Tuesday, which that has worked fine. But today i dropped my phone on carpet, and when i picked it up the screen now doesnt work. The QWERTY keyboard lights up, and the notification light lights up, and the charging light lights up when plugged in. I also have insurance. SO do you think Verzion will replace this phone with out having to pay?

So about a month ago i dropped my phone and i have a crack on the screen, but the screen still always worked and never had any problems with. By the way my droid if rooted and i have 2.2 on since Tuesday, which that has worked fine. But today i dropped my phone on carpet, and when i picked it up the screen now doesnt work. The QWERTY keyboard lights up, and the notification light lights up, and the charging light lights up when plugged in. I also have insurance. SO do you think Verzion will replace this phone with out having to pay?

Rooting your Droid voids any and all warranties. I'm not sure if you can flash the stock file(s) with a broken screen or not. Also, I'm not sure if rooting your Droid voids the insurance or not. I'm sure someone here will have better info than me.

Kratos

Upvote 0
oh ok, so is there any tips, such as what i should tell them, so it would seem like its the phones fault

I didn't mean you should straight up lie to them about what happened. You have insurance, which would cover what happened with the screen. Just don't mention the fact that you rooted it and you should be good. You will have to pay a deductible though. You wont be able to convince them that it's the phone's fault that the screen is destroyed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones