1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Screen faded to black and won't come back! Please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kamron96, Oct 30, 2012.

1. kamron96

kamron96 Lurker
    None

Oct 29, 2012
    Don't have any clue what happened to my galaxy note. Phone ran completely dead so i charged it over night. Got up in the morning only to discover my phone was ringing but nothing on the lcd screen. But the bottom lights are still working and i actually answered the call (just from memory of where the buttons are to answer) and speaker and everything is still working. I took battery out and waited for awhile and put it back in and turned it on and nothing changed. I can tell the phone came on but nothing on the screen. So i called and text it from another phone and it responded normally but still black screen. I tried all the different reboots and nothing. I took phone further apart to see if there was anything noticeably wrong and nothing out of the ordinary. I am now guessing that maybe the display screen is fried. But i guess my question is does anyone know if i have to order the whole lcd display screen (considering my current screen is not broken or cracked and its expensive) or is there a different part i can order just for this particular problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Galaxynote_guy

Galaxynote_guy Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 24, 2012
    Male
    Manager
    Nottingham UK
    Warranty? It can't be out of warranty already can it? ;)