1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen Flashing Red Rectangle

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by f1x, Apr 18, 2012.

1. f1x

f1x Lurker

Hi

I have an odd issue when I press the home key or anything about that area on the screen I get a red rectangle flash up on the surround of the screen.

I managed to get a screen shot of it happening Has anyone seen this sort of thing before? Its happening a lot and is rather annoying.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28354290/2012-04-18 15.26.01.jpg

Also some of my apps randomly disappeared including Gallery, when I try to open a picture from File Manager the screen flickers and a messages is displayed telling me the file can not be opened.

I'm about to do a factory restore in the hope that the fixes both issue. However am still concerned that this would happen in the first place.

Will post with an update shortly.

Cheers

F1x

Should also mention that I am on build 9.4.2.21-20120323. ICS 4.0.3 on TF201 32GB

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nstallion

nstallion Android Expert

That's pretty weird. Have you tried a factory data reset?

3. f1x

f1x Lurker

Completed the 'factory restore' a few hours ago. All seems ok at this stage. I guess its something that I'll have to keep an eye on. The tab is less than a month old, so still loads of warranty left.

4. Lostsorrow

Lostsorrow Guest

yep and if you go the warranty route you will have plenty of time to regret it when you wait 1 1/2 months to get it back :)

5. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

It looks like your battery is almost dead in the screen capture. Could that have something to do with it? Does it flash the red border when you are charged?

6. critcher

critcher Member

Looks like it's the dock that's almost dead. Does it happen when it's not docked?

7. caesarchris

caesarchris Lurker

Since I upgraded my samsung galaxy s2 to android 4.0.3 I have the same problem :thinking:

8. f1x

f1x Lurker

Seems it must be an ICS issue.

It hasnt happened again since i did a factory restore. The issue was gone as fast as it arrived. I didn't get a chance to test any one the suggestion mentioned above. FYI the tab was only ever docked when this issue arose.

I am now having issue with the device not staying off. I shutdown and it turns off. Within the next couple of minutes the device beeps to indicate it is charging from the keyboard and powers back on. I have also cooked the thing by accident because of this. Got it out of its bag the other day it was near on fire.
    :(

9. lotharmat

lotharmat Lurker

Having done some digging around - I think it may be due to a setting in the 'Developer Options' (under settings)

'Strict Mode enabled' will cause a red rectangle to border the screen when an app is taking too many processor cycles.

I noticed it mainly when I was in task manager which has to constantly query the running processes.

Nuked it by unticking the 'Strict Mode' box and rebooting.

I thought I'd fubar'd the phone!!

10. nguyendat

nguyendat Lurker

Thanks, it work like a charm :)

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews