1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen flickers and goes black

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sibanda, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Sibanda

Sibanda Lurker

My S7 screen flickers and eventually goes black (except the top portion above the app icons). If I warm the cell by any means (e.g.: hair dryer, etc..) the darkening eases off and eventually cell regains brightness, until it cools, and the problem resumes.

Attached Files:

2. Best Answer:
    Post #5 by mikedt, Oct 10, 2019 (1 points)
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Any phone that flickers and goes black tells me it's a hardware failure. Take it to your carrier and have them fix it

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yeh, sounds like the screen has failed, repair or replacement required. An S7 probably isn't under warranty now

Sibanda, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  5. Sibanda

Sibanda Lurker

Thanks Danny. But, out of curiosity, what is the explanation of why, when I warm it up, the screen returns to normal until it cools down?

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Some electronic faults can be temperature dependant. Often in electronic circuit fault finding, one might use freezer spray and a heat gun to chill and heat suspect components, like transistors, diodes, etc.

Dannydet likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews