1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Screen flickers and turns dark in camera mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by msg7529, Feb 10, 2013.

1. msg7529

msg7529 New Member

Feb 10, 2013
    I got my Droid DNA a week ago and as I was trying out the camera last night, the screen faded out and turned into a bunch of lines and just froze there. Pressing the hard buttons didn't work but when I turned the screen off and turned it back on, everything was fine. It only happened 2-3 times when I shot the camera under 4:3 ratio instead of 16:9 (widescreen). The screen froze when I went to gallery from camera. I actually tried to take a screenshot when the screen froze but when I looked back at the screenshot, it was normal as if I took a screenshot when using my camera.
    I have set the ratio back to 16:9 and been using the camera for an hour today without any issues.

This is the best I could describe and I was just wondering if any of you guys have encountered this problem before.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Male
    PC Tech Owner Affordable computer repair.
    New Jersey
    Never had any issues like this,i would contact Verizon for a replacement.

3. msg7529

msg7529 New Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Could this be a software or hardware problem though? I feel like if it's a camera glitch or something an update can probably fix it.

4. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Male
    PC Tech Owner Affordable computer repair.
    New Jersey
    Seeing i am not seeing a trend of posts stating your problem,in my opinion it is isolated. you could try a factory reset,and then request a replacement if the issue continues.

5. msg7529

msg7529 New Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Droid DNA Weird Camera Glitch **SOLVED** - YouTube

I found this online and that is exactly what happened. It seems like some people have encountered this problem too only under some weird circumstances...