• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen flickers when I go to home

AdiA

Jun 28, 2022
When I go to home screen from any app, this happens:

This is when I set all animations to 0.5 x, it'sore noticeable than 1x, but 1x still has that annoying animation, anyways I like to use 0.5 x.
I've performed 2 factory resets already.

Any tips?

Attachments

• 20220528_143244~2_1.mp4
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
To be honest, I really never sat down and tried to figure out exactly what each of the three things do.

I set them all the same, and to the degree that I will be using the device.

For instance, the device I use for gaming I like set at 1/2x ( .5x), while the device I listen to music on I prefer set at 2x.

The device I use as a phone is set to 1x.

Basically, if you want a phone that seems faster, a lower setting gives a tiny amount more speed.

When they are turned completely off, sometimes things can act strangely- like the spinning 'loading' icon won't spin at all.

Anyway, as long as these are set to 1x or .5x your device should be fine.

I think your issue may be a different setting.

Is it possible that you have this setting turned on?

Screenshot_20220629-214349.png

Upvote 0
To be honest, I really never sat down and tried to figure out exactly what each of the three things do.

I set them all the same, and to the degree that I will be using the device.

For instance, the device I use for gaming I like set at 1/2x ( .5x), while the device I listen to music on I prefer set at 2x.

The device I use as a phone is set to 1x.

Basically, if you want a phone that seems faster, a lower setting gives a tiny amount more speed.

When they are turned completely off, sometimes things can act strangely- like the spinning 'loading' icon won't spin at all.

Anyway, as long as these are set to 1x or .5x your device should be fine.

I think your issue may be a different setting.

Is it possible that you have this setting turned on?

View attachment 163131
Ty but that's not turned on. The issue is happening when developer option are turned off. Maybe it really OneUi 4.1 issue...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones