1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Screen Flip

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Guitar4him, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Guitar4him

Guitar4him Member
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Network Administrator
    I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and use NetFlix and the Slingplayer app. When watching a long program, it would be nice to be able to have the tablet upside down so I could plug the charging cable in. Is there any kind of app or utility that would allow or force the screen to go upside down so that this would be possible?

Also, when I'm in the Market app, I can't get it to go into "portrait" mode. Is this normal? My 7" Galaxy tab does it along with my Droid X.

Advertisement

2. Guitar4him

Guitar4him Member
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Network Administrator
    Well, I discovered an app that does exactly what we're wanting here. It's called Orientation Control and costs $1.49. It allows setting the device in normal autorotation, forced portrait, forced reversed potrait, landscape and forced reverse landscape. When in forced reverse landscape, you can flip the tablet over so that the charging cable attaches to the top and the Slingplayer and Netflix apps run perfectly "upside down". The forced reversed portrait and forced reverse landscape are only available for 2.3.1 (Gingerbread) and above. All the other functions work just fine on my Droid X and Galaxy Tab 7" (Froyo).

ernieo2, scanman and cmcollins001 like this.