1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen freeze after long sleep

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Myronbg, May 6, 2011.

1. Myronbg

Myronbg Member

When I power up in the AM or after a couple of hours "sleep", the screen unlocks, but none of the buttons (or anything) responds. Requires a full shutdown & restart to function. Anyone else having this issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Android Enthusiast

Had mine for a few days now... nothing like that

3. dirks

dirks Newbie

Yes, this happened twice to me on my first day with the Iconia. After these initial problems my tab has been running without issues for 2 days. This issue is also discussed in the german forum android-hilfe.de. This has happened to a few users there.

What kind of lock screen are you using?

4. GeekClass

GeekClass Well-Known Member

This just happened to me after a 6 or so hour sleep using the default lock screen.

5. dirks

dirks Newbie

A user of the german forum android-hilfe.de suggested to turn off GPS.

Iconia A500 Bugs/Probleme - Android-Hilfe.de

I think he's right. I disabled GPS approximately 2 days ago and didn't have the problem since then.

6. Myronbg

Myronbg Member

The no-lock screen which is kinda PITB. Is there a way to not have that?

7. Myronbg

Myronbg Member

I just disabled the GPS so we'll see what happens. What about the Google search "option "?

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Hrm......may be why I haven't noticed it......disabled GPS when I first unboxed it

9. Myronbg

Myronbg Member

Answered my own question. I installed the lock/unlock app that I have on my DInc.

10. GeekClass

GeekClass Well-Known Member

I don't think it was the GPS. I had unchecked it (but kept the other two location services on), and I still had the problem. Getting rid of the lock screen altogether worked though (with GPS still turned off...).