• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Freeze,Phone restart, All of battery life lost!

CosmoTiz

Lurker
Aug 22, 2013
Hi all!
My partner is currently having a problem with her phone. When ever we Skype Video call after about 5-10 mins, Her phone will freeze, after about 10-20 seconds the phone will then restart and on boot up, any battery life she had is now gone and she has 1-2% left.

If there is anyone that has any info they can share about this issue that would be greatly appreciated.

Sadly because we don't live in the country I purchased the phone, Sending it back to Australia for repair under warranty isn't really an option.

Cheers

That behavior is very new to me (personally), I never had the need to troubleshoot Skype before, so forgive my lack of experience on the topic.

Things that could lead to problem described in your post, the camera (hardware problem) or skype colliding with some other software.

I would try some other app, like ChatOn, Samsung's native app, or Viber. Just to see if this is related to device or Skype alone. If you find out that it happens with ChatOn as well, then the chances are high it's a hardware.

You could also try an alternate Skype version, moded and extended in features, the XDA Skype, courtesy of the Android geek community :)
I have been using this version since its incarnation. and it worked like charm:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1148708

Give it a try and see if it makes any difference.

Upvote 0
Hi all!
My partner is currently having a problem with her phone. When ever we Skype Video call after about 5-10 mins, Her phone will freeze, after about 10-20 seconds the phone will then restart and on boot up, any battery life she had is now gone and she has 1-2% left.

If there is anyone that has any info they can share about this issue that would be greatly appreciated.

Sadly because we don't live in the country I purchased the phone, Sending it back to Australia for repair under warranty isn't really an option.

Cheers

i think the problem is faulty battery, not your phone. try another battery and see if works. i has same issue with my old Samsung s.

Upvote 0
Cheers for the reply's Most appreciated,
We have now discovered this Problem happens when using all different apps including Whatsapp and Viber!
And yes the battery is very hot after this happens.
We purchased a new battery yesterday, but it doesn't charge or work either
sourcing a "Genuine" Samsung battery is rather hard where I Live. (Thailand)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones