1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Screen freezes when receiving call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zoidberg28, Jun 26, 2010.

1. zoidberg28

zoidberg28 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Just wondering if others are experiencing this:

Seems that maybe 1 out of every 3 or so phone calls I get, especially if the phone's been relaxing in my pocket for >1hr with no use, when I receive a call, the phone freezes.

The receive call screen appears, but I can't swipe down to receive. Can't swipe up to ignore, and hitting the power button on top simply ignores the call.

Anybody else ever see this? It's been fairly constant since I got my phone a couple months ago.

Thanks!

Quick edit question - is there a screen I can find on the phone that shows all my recent downloads? I have ASTRO and can find stuff on the SD card alright, but tracking down files i've downloaded from my email/dropbox, etc is always tough for me.

Advertisement

2. personacide

personacide New Member

May 24, 2010
    This just started with mine... it also just keeps ringing and ringing and the only way to make it stop is pull the battery out!

3. bigdragons

bigdragons Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2010
    MN
    Mine has done that from day one,I touch and hold the screen then swipe seems to help mine ,hope this helps

4. lifegoesby

lifegoesby Member

Jun 13, 2010
    San Diego
    What apps have u installed recently? I had this happen to me last week and it turned out it was caused by a random app. I just started deleted apps and it stopped having the issue.

5. zoidberg28

zoidberg28 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    thanks for the tips. did a factory reset - i'll see in the next couple days if i have the same problem. i'll keep y'all updated.

6. williamcmoran

williamcmoran Active Member

May 27, 2010
    i've had this problem on both of my incredible phones so far. i have no clue what is causing it but when someone calls it doesn't allow me to swipe to answer/ignore the call. even if i hit the top button, it will bring up the turn off prompt but won't let me actually hit the button. i have to end up pulling the battery.

7. williamcmoran

williamcmoran Active Member

May 27, 2010
  8. withallmyhart

withallmyhart New Member

Mar 11, 2012
    My increadible s has done it since i got my last major update, but it's only with one particular contact, (my boyfriend!) .... It freezes when I answer it, then the missed or answered call isn't logged in my calls list, and I can't make an out going call until I restart my phone... I've had it once where I had to remove the battery to stop it ringing.
    Any clues anyone?