1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Screen glitch and power rocker glitch.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrTolk3, Nov 18, 2012.

1. MrTolk3

MrTolk3 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Male
    Ok, so I got my 16g nexus 7 from Wal-Mart probably a week ago. I love the device, gaming is incredible. Movies are great on the go, everything is nice. I am on stock Rom unlocked and rooted, I see no reason to flash a custom recovery. My question is does anyone have the same glitches as I do? Sometimes it'll take up to five times to get the power rocker to even do what it's supposed to. Also my screen gets a vertical white line down it randomly. Anybody got any clue about this? I would just like to know if it's just me.

Advertisement

2. CYNICALifornia

CYNICALifornia Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Male
    Special Ed
    Palmdale, Ca
    No issues like that here. I'd do a nandroid backup factory reset. If that didn't work ID save my backup to my laptop and exchange the table for a new one.

You can do the backup from Wugs, or from the TWRP custom recovery, which is my biggest reason for having a custom recovery.

3. MrTolk3

Apr 9, 2012
    Male
    Good looks. Im prolly gonna do that. Is there anything we need to do for our warranty or does it just require receipt?

4. CYNICALifornia

Jun 17, 2010
    Male
    Special Ed
    Palmdale, Ca
    In doubt the Blue vests will notice anything, but unrooting is easy enough, you might as well.

5. MrTolk3

Apr 9, 2012
    Male
    No i meant for the warranty, like is there anything I need to fill out or sign up for?

6. CYNICALifornia

Jun 17, 2010
    Male
    Special Ed
    Palmdale, Ca
    Idonno. It try taking it back to Wally World first.

7. MrTolk3

Apr 9, 2012
    Male
    Ima give it a couple more days of use first, then I'm gonna return it. All I got do is figure out how to disable the 4.2 update. Those notifications are Damn annoying and I wanna wait until kits working well.

8. CYNICALifornia

Jun 17, 2010
    Male
    Special Ed
    Palmdale, Ca
    In have no problem with 4.2 except that franco has not released a kernel for it YET.

9. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    As long as you are within 15 days you can exchange or return it at Walmart. I broke my screen and told them it was broken when I opened it and I got a new one. Never bothered to unroot or re lock either.

10. axelxbc

axelxbc Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    I had the same problem with the vertical lines randomly popping up on the screen. And I also bought mine from Walmart. I just took it back and now have no problems.

11. lucky013

lucky013 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    You mean like a streak of lightning or a line that stays there? I get a streak like lightning every so often. It happened on both of mine.
    Custom recovery is important for making nandroids..