1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen glitched split down the middle.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZedisLapedis, Apr 3, 2020.

1. ZedisLapedis

ZedisLapedis Lurker

Currently my Stylo 4 is a glitched grey screen. It is split in half vertically, one side a lighter grey than the other. I had it plugged in to charge and I walked away for 20 minutes or so (was fine) and returned to find it like this. I have tried soft resets to no avail. My only guess is the charger as there has been zero physical damage to the phone. More recently, the charger has been "charging slowly". Is it possible this could cause some kind of damage? A bit at a loss as to what I can do to try and fix this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

How do you define "soft reset"? (I dislike the terms "hard reset" and "soft reset" because different people use them to mean different things).

It's hard to guess the cause. It could be that something went wrong with the charging and produced a very unusual effect, but it could also just be pure coincidence - there might have been a failing component or a loose connection and it just happened to go at this time. "Charging slowly" just means "not delivering much current", which isn't dangerous in itself (though might be a sign that your USB lead or the phone socket is failing).

Try booting into recovery or bootloader modes. If the visual effect is still there it isn't a software problem (because those modules are independent of the Android system). And if it's not software that only leaves hardware, in which case the only solution is repair - what that will consist of will depend on what the fault is, but I'd advise backing all of your data up before going down that route. If on the other hand the screen looks normal in one of these modes you could try going into recovery and clearing the cache, or backing up and trying a factory reset. But to be honest I strongly suspect this is hardware.

3. ZedisLapedis

ZedisLapedis Lurker

Power and volume down since I can't see anything on the screen to restart it in any other way. I will have to look into booting into recovery mode without screen access.

LG Stylo 4 Forum

The LG Stylo 4 release date was June 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 450 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

June 2018
Release Date
Reviews