• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen goes black and won't come back on. Anyone else?

ashykat

Android Expert
Apr 27, 2009
Irvine, CA
So I just got my Droid 2 Global a couple days ago. Things were going great until today. My screen would go black with the backlight off, so I'd press the power button to get it to come back on, but it wouldn't. The backlight would come on because I could see the black get brighter, but there was still no way to interact with the device.

I did a battery pull and things seemed okay, but then it kept doing it. I uninstalled some apps that I had installed recently to see if that made a difference, but it wouldn't. Each time I'd have to do a battery pull. So, I decided to do a factory reset. No dice, I'd still keep having the issue.

Obviously it's a defective handset and I need to get it replaced (amazon wireless is already closed for the day, unfortunately), but I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this? I want to make sure it's not some sort of common occurrence as I'll get something else if it's gonna be a problem.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones