1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Screen goes black and won't come back on. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ashykat, Mar 30, 2011.

1. ashykat

ashykat Android Expert
    None

Apr 27, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    So I just got my Droid 2 Global a couple days ago. Things were going great until today. My screen would go black with the backlight off, so I'd press the power button to get it to come back on, but it wouldn't. The backlight would come on because I could see the black get brighter, but there was still no way to interact with the device.

I did a battery pull and things seemed okay, but then it kept doing it. I uninstalled some apps that I had installed recently to see if that made a difference, but it wouldn't. Each time I'd have to do a battery pull. So, I decided to do a factory reset. No dice, I'd still keep having the issue.

Obviously it's a defective handset and I need to get it replaced (amazon wireless is already closed for the day, unfortunately), but I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this? I want to make sure it's not some sort of common occurrence as I'll get something else if it's gonna be a problem.

Advertisement

2. BartCunningham

None

Aug 28, 2010
    I have occasionally had issues trying to wake my D2 but the backlight never came on so that sounds like an odd issue to me. Love my D2...except for the battery! LOL

3. silverfang77

silverfang77 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2010
    It's a known bug. The only thing I can think of is upgrading to Gingerbread. I don't know if that will cure the problem or not. Sometimes, my Froyo would go days without that problem. Others, it would do it two days in a row. It's completely hit or miss.

4. ashykat

ashykat Android Expert
    None

Apr 27, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    Unfortunately it started happening multiple times a day. It was affecting me being able to take and place phone calls. I was not a happy camper.