1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Screen goes black.. then reboots.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thoroside, Oct 15, 2010.

1. thoroside

thoroside Active Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Hey yall, I'm happier than a pig in poo with my Droid 2, the thing is amazing. However, my girlfriend's not so much. She got the deal from Wireless Amazon Beta, where she only paid 39.99. I wasn't able to, wasn't eligible for upgrade and got mine at the store. Anyhow, her phone a couple days in would freeze, the screen would go black, and then it reboots. Now it happens a couple times a day at least. Obviously seems like it's defective, but I'm wondering if anybody else is dealing with the same problem? If so, have you taken into Verizon - what have they told you or done for you? Wondering if she should send this back to Amazon Wireless, or head into a Verizon. And I'm wondering what kind of return/exchange/refurbishing headache were in for. If anyone's had a similar experience, or any advice, please share with me, thanks.

Advertisement

2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    NJ
    Not a lot of complaints about that issue on here. Within the first 30 days I think Amazon will exchange it.

3. raven2k7

raven2k7 Member

Aug 24, 2012
    am having the same issues with mine. when the screen times out it reboots after. even if i press the button at the top to lock the screen. it reboots. i have to leave the screentimeout off inorder for it not to reboot.

4. themib

themib Well-Known Member

what system version? 2.3.4/4.5.621
    rooted? rom?

I would wipe data and flash sbf