• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen goes black when watching video

Bill150

Lurker
Aug 8, 2017
I am playing video files from a micro SD card in my Hudl2. The screen goes dark after a few seconds. interestingly when the video is paused the screen stays on. The screen sleep setting is at 30 minutes! I have tried a variety of video player and where possible set them to never turn the screen off and have also tried variety of apps, eg Wakey, to keep the screen on. Have looked on a number of fora and tried suggested solutions with no joy! Can anyone help?

• Have you tried different video files to see if it's a outdated/not supported codec issue?
  • Have you tried running the videos from the internal memory to see if they run?
  • Have you also tried software such as BBC iPlayer to see if any video will play? I would also recommend that you download a program in iPlayer and try playing that also.
  • If you have a spare SD card try that to rule out the SD card.

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones