1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Screen goes dark and locks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pam21366, Mar 28, 2011.

1. pam21366

pam21366 Lurker
    None

Dec 30, 2010
    My screen goes dark and locks, constantly. No matter what my battery status is. No matter if it is on the charger or not. No matter what display time out is under settings menu. No matter what app I am running. I can not determine any given thing that is making this happen...HELP!!

Advertisement

2. mitsuko

mitsuko Newbie
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    its your in pocket detection... click settings-display-in pocket detection.

i was having the same problem.

3. pam21366

pam21366 Lurker
    None

Dec 30, 2010
    That's not it MITSUKO, I have had that setting on and off. Thanks for your response and sorry I didn't put that in the first post.

4. jamielov

jamielov Member
    None

Mar 25, 2011
    I posted on this elsewhere, but I'll summarize it again.

I am not sure if it the same situation, but my phone's screen would randomly go black, sometimes for hours at a time. The notifications would still go off, I could hear incoming calls ring, but could get no access. I would try to turn it off, but the green notification light would just keep blinking. I would pull the batter, and try a restart, and could hear the sounds of the phone restarting, but still the blank screen.

Sometimes after an hour, the worst time being 8 hours, the screen would come back. To make a long story short, I had to have the phone replaced. They tried wiping my phone clean, and doing a hard reset or something like that, but it did not help. Also worth noting, this did not start happening until months after I purchased my phone.