1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

screen has no contrast

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by corvairbob, Jun 24, 2013.

1. corvairbob

corvairbob Android Enthusiast

well i noticed that the screen on the has real bad contrast. real bright. maybe my fault as i had it set for never turning off and had the weather bug running all the time. but i also had it plugged in and now and then would unplug it to let the battery drain and then recharge. but i needed to take it with me the other day and stopped the weather bug. and the screen looked like it was burnt in. i did not think lcd screens burnt in but maybe they do. i turned it off for the weekend and most of the burn in was gone but it still has no contrast. so tell me is it now junk? or maybe i can run a dark program to cause it to get the contrast back? is there an ap that excersies the screen like a screen saver?

thanks bp.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

The backlighting probably gave out. Its a hardware issue not anything an app can fix.

3. umerhaf

umerhaf Lurker

Yes chan is correct, an app will fix your issue!

4. corvairbob

so who is correct one says yes one says no and if an app can fix it which one? thanks

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

If its hardware, I'm correct. The other guy is weird.

6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Lmao the other guy just got his words mixed up :)
    What type of display is it? (Led/lcd)

LilBit likes this.
  7. corvairbob

it is a Polaroid model pmid701c i think that is lcd. i had it on the weather bug for a week or so and on the charger so i took it off the charger and let the battery run down so it would not set the battery. when i shut it off it looked like it was still on. the screen looked like it got burned in like the old crt's did. i did not think the lcd would burn in. anyway when i started it the screen was so bright i could not turn the brightness down far enough to take it away. my guess is it is toast not worth fixing but if there is an app that may exercise the screen it may come back. thanks

8. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

Tend to agree here, no app can fix it.:(

9. corvairbob

ok then thanks for the help it is junk. not sure why the back lighting would make it go bright but then i guess if it got stuck on it would. thanks for the help.

10. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

Sorry corvairbob:(

11. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Idk what the problem could be man. Burn-in wouldnt fix itself so quickly. Maybe it is to do with not the backlight but whatever is controling it. Can u turn down brightness?

LilBit likes this.
  12. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

The backlight illuminates the screen on a LCD. Basically its a set of bulbs placed around the screen to light it up so you can see the screen.