1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen intermittently unresponsive

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mr4X4, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Mr4X4

Mr4X4 Newbie

Anyone have problems with the screen becoming unresponsive during use? Today I noticed while playing angry birds that the screen would randomly stop responding to touch. Then later I was filling out my daily time sheet in an excel spreadsheet and again it happened. I tried playing a different game tonight and again the same thing... It seems to be working fine at this particular moment as I type this, but one thing I noticed is the back was quite warm when I was experiencing the problem. Now it is cool to the touch. Anyone else have this problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rootbrain

rootbrain Android Enthusiast

I've noticed it happens if I don't wipe the screen off and it gets a lot of finger prints on it. Not often, but sometimes. If the screen is clean never a problem. Wondering, do you have a screen protector?

3. Mr4X4

Mr4X4 Newbie

No screen protector, and it was clean as a whistle...

4. thedrizl

thedrizl Android Enthusiast

I’ve had this happen a few times. Couldn't figure out if it was hardware or software related.

5. Claghorn

Claghorn Android Enthusiast

I've had it happen, but only under a very specific easily reproducible circumstance: Have the charger plugged in and a "smart case" with a magnet on the nexus with the case closed. Leave it like that for a while, then, with the case still closed, unplug the charger. Then open the case, see the screen turn on, and swipe to unlock it. On my nexus 7, 100% of the time, the screen is now unresponsive, or sometimes after you've tapped at it a while will suddenly execute a bunch of phantom screen actions no where near where it was tapped. I have no idea if this is unique to just mine, but it always happens. If I open the case before unplugging the charger there is no problem.