• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen is draining battery badly!!

Thanks for replying!
Yes, i have been using my phone with minimum brightness... i dont know why it consumes too much battery... have you the same case? Is your screen also consumes most of all apps?
Here's my normal usage with auto display(30% i think)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160710-190012.png
    Screenshot_20160710-190012.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0
The screen is often going to be the biggest drain on your phone's battery. When you wake your screen it's not just the backlighting that starts up, but internally your phone's CPU (Central Processing Unit) and GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) are working to display the interface you see on your screen. Your phone is basically going from a mostly idle state where it might check your mail or whatever every few minutes to an fully active state.
I recently spent a lot of time on some ebooks so when I just checked my Battery stats my Screen has jumped up to 39%

Reactions: Farhaat and KOLIO
Upvote 0
The screen is often going to be the biggest drain on your phone's battery. When you wake your screen it's not just the backlighting that starts up, but internally your phone's CPU (Central Processing Unit) and GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) are working to display the interface you see on your screen. Your phone is basically going from a mostly idle state where it might check your mail or whatever every few minutes to an fully active state.
I recently spent a lot of time on some ebooks so when I just checked my Battery stats my Screen has jumped up to 39%

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This!

Also,something or another is going to be the #1 battery drainer,whether it's the display,You-Tube/Browser,whatever.......
The main concern is whether you can make it through a typical day w/o having to plug-in,or,are in a situation to where plugging-in is of no consequence to you & your daily routine.
If your phone is draining w/o much use & little to no actual screen-on time,then,further investigation is warranted.
Otherwise,I wouldn't get caught up in the stats.Without any context,the percentages really don't mean a thing.
If your actual screen-on time,measured in hours,is exceeding three or more a day,then,battery drainage is a normal result & YMMV as to when you'll need to plug-in.............

Reactions: svim
Upvote 0
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This!

Also,something or another is going to be the #1 battery drainer,whether it's the display,You-Tube/Browser,whatever.......
The main concern is whether you can make it through a typical day w/o having to plug-in,or,are in a situation to where plugging-in is of no consequence to you & your daily routine.
If your phone is draining w/o much use & little to no actual screen-on time,then,further investigation is warranted.
Otherwise,I wouldn't get caught up in the stats.Without any context,the percentages really don't mean a thing.
If your actual screen-on time,measured in hours,is exceeding three or more a day,then,battery drainage is a normal result & YMMV as to when you'll need to plug-in.............

Thanks i appriciate... with some gaming and normal use, it gives only 7-8 hours in a full charge

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Thanks i appriciate... with some gaming and normal use, it gives only 7-8 hours in a full charge

The other couple of battery drainers that I can think of that sap your battery power is any app that is constantly pinging back & forth to wherever,or,a weak data/WI-FI Connection.

If GPS & NFC are of little to no value to you,might as well turn them off,I myself never use NFC,but,I do keep GPS/Location services on.

One other tool that will help is take a look at the permissions on a per app basis & test each one,see what they can get away with not using before it breaks the app,or,disrupts the functionality to your needs.

Use an AD Blocker as well,I recommend Block This for non-rooted devices (may interrupt some apps,very seldom,but,it happens,just temporarily disable) & for rooted devices, Ad Away is awesome,I've never had one problem with it:

https://block-this.com/
http://free-software-for-android.github.io/AdAway/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones