1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen is unexplainably stretched

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ForceFedTrauma, Jun 1, 2011.

1. ForceFedTrauma

So I woke up this morning to find my beloved Ally's screen is stretched out so that the top half of the image is stretched to fit the whole screen, and the touchscreen works just fine, as if there is nothing wrong with the image on the screen. I'd take it to Verizon for an exchange but I am running Velocity 1.1 and am not sure how to go back to stock if the screen is virtually unusable... :thinking:

2. savoxis

savoxis Android Expert

I have absolutely no idea what in gods name you mean by this.

but if its what I assume you just need to set the lcd density with my scripts

3. ForceFedTrauma

Imagine that the bottom half of the screen was cut out, and the top half was stretched down to fill the empty space.

This is probably the best way that I can explain it.. the screen only shows about half of what it should, and it is stretched out and pixelated. However, the touch screen works as if everything on the screen is where it should be. I hope this makes sense, I'm extremely frustrated haha

kyia1971 likes this.
  4. savoxis

savoxis Android Expert

Solution 1:
    • Reboot into recovery by pulling the battery and powering on with SEND MENU END combo.
    • Wipe everything and reflash
      OR
    • Restore a nandroid

Solution 2:
    • Install ADB
    • Connect phone with USB
    • launch adb shell
    • type velocity
    • set your lcd density back to 140

Solution 3:
    • Install ADB
    • Connect phone with USB
    • launch adb shell
    • type nano /system/build.prop
    • edit your LCD density to 140 or lower

Solution 4:

Solution 5:
    • Use D2A or Tridents guides (LGNPST or LGMU) to restore the phone back to stock V6

5. ForceFedTrauma

Thanks a lot man, I'll give these a try. It'll be a pain in the ass to do all this when I can't read half of what's on the screen, but hey at least today is my day off

6. savoxis

savoxis Android Expert

Ummmm.... If you get into recovery and your screen is still messed up something is HORRIBLY wrong, and your best bet at that point would be to brick it and send it in for warranty

7. ForceFedTrauma

Apologies for not mentioning this before, but the same problem happens when I am in recovery..

..so how does one go about bricking their phone? Sounds like my only option at this point and I'm not at all opposed to it.

8. savoxis

savoxis Android Expert

Easiest would be fastboot, you can just erase the partitions with it, but if you dont have the time/knowlege to get fastboot working, you could use LGMU or LGNPST, either will put you at V6 stock - which is just as good for warranty. Or you could just SWC's nandroid

9. death2all110

death2all110 Android Expert

LGMU let it start flashing and just as it begins flashing rip out the USB cable.

I say LGMU because i have yet to get LGNPST to brick a device. Hehe.

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews