1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Screen Issue / Torn on Return or Repair

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by primeguy, Jan 5, 2012.

1. primeguy

primeguy Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    Yesterday my Prime suddenly developed a random screen issue where the far left side of the screen went blurry while in landscape mode while using the browser. Not too long after that the bottom of the screen (in portrait) and the far right column was flashing in and out. I rotated it to landscape and that stopped but you could tell the whole screen was barely bouncing up and down. Shortly after that it stopped and didn't occur the rest of the night or today. I am torn on going back to BestBuy and getting a replacement (already talking to executive resolution rep directly....call center sucks) or contacting Asus about getting it repaired or replaced since I already have it setup and everything I want installed until 4.0 comes out. Any thought?

Advertisement

2. quakeshot

quakeshot Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2012
    Did it ever happen again?

I've just had exactly the same happen. All down the left hand side there was static noise, flickering on and off. Then the whole screen itself was very slightly bouncing up and down (you could see if on the menu bar at the bottom).

It started in Dolphin Browser, but I did two reboots and it was still happening. It didn't happen on the home screen but happened in all other programs, in particular in Gallery (where I took a little video of it happening).

For me it coincided with a half-hour period when the wifi also stopped working (wifi was working on my eeepc sitting next to the prime), it was connected to the wifi but no internet activity was actually going on.

I thought the reboots would have fixed it, but they didn't.

Given that your post is from Jan 5th I'm guessing you aren't on ICS like me.