• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen issue with zenfone 2

Vaporfury

Lurker
May 29, 2017
If my phone is left idle for a long time around 70% of the screen blacks out when I wake it back up.there is also flickering around the black area but the touchscreen function still works everywhere. After I manage to unlock my phone the only way to temporarily remove the problem is to either open the settings app or pull the drop menu down. The phone has not been dropped recently nor has it suffered water damage.the problem started last week. Is there anyway to fix this issue as it hinders the use of the phone ? I have tried clearing the cache and doing a factory reset through recovery mode but nothing has changed. I have owned this phone for arounde 1 and a 1/2 years and no issue like this has popped up. Here is an image of how it looks when the issue occurs: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxxoPxfb-kSkRVQ0bXRzT1dQMHM
IMG-20170527-WA0000.jpg
This makes the phone practically unusable. I have tried talking to the Asus customer support but they are acting useless.

Any other solutions

Last edited by a moderator:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones