• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So I've been watching reviews on the EU Model of the X-Play and they all say the screen looks "dim". Can anybody with the Verizon version clarify if this issue has been fixed or not?

It looks okay on its own, but when I compared to my Incredible or another device like the Droid X, it looks kind of weak, but not as bad as expected. I tested one today. Great dpad, but VZW filled even more bloatware, so only 226mb or so free space.

Not sure why VZW would even think of releasing with this low of storage. Bloat does not have room on this puppy.

Upvote 0
It looks okay on its own, but when I compared to my Incredible or another device like the Droid X, it looks kind of weak, but not as bad as expected. I tested one today. Great dpad, but VZW filled even more bloatware, so only 226mb or so free space.

Not sure why VZW would even think of releasing with this low of storage. Bloat does not have room on this puppy.

Good thing it is so easy to root and remove that junk... I never bothered with my Fascinate because I had plenty of room, but it seems worth the effort here.

Upvote 0
I'm sure this thread is for 'screen issues' and that you've more than covered your dislike of storage space in more than enough threads, relevant or not. :(

Good point :)

For folks that do not root and hit the storage wall after 14 days: :(

The X Play design really does remind me of a modern day N-Gage and I mean that in a good way. The display IMO is not a problem and would be fine with better brightness options.

Upvote 0
You know what, I had an N Gauge & I really enjoyed it.
In fact, after my dog fell through ice on a frozen lake & i went in fully clothed to rescue her (N Gauge in pocket), I went out & bought another.

Not the big bulky one, that was shit aesthetically, i had the small rubber one.

Saved your dog- that ROCKS! :)

I have the old N-Gage, but used the heck out of it- tiny & awkward portrait low res display and all ;) My first Tmo device.

Left them for VZW and now Tmo are the ones putting out killer devices- ironic. Shame Tmo coverage is awful in Kentucky :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones