1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Screen keeps acting werid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iamcoover, Jun 11, 2011.

1. iamcoover

iamcoover Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    It just started today and I've had my phone for awhile already but everytime i start messing with my phone is says i'm touching the screen and start's opening apps and screwing with my txt. I already turned my phone on and off but that didn't help. Any advice?

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    I'd try downloading a "multi touch" app from the market to see if the screen is detecting phantom touches.

Try cleaning the screen and if your phone has a trackpad, I'd clean that too.

3. iamcoover

iamcoover Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Well I'm pretty sure it's picking up those "phantom" touches cause I've cleaned the screen a million times. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA

Other than replacing the digitizer yourself... I'd go for a warranty replacement.

5. nadia215

nadia215 Lurker
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    teacher
    Miami, FL
    I'm having similar problems... all started after updating to 2.3, but phone fell (has a phone case) recently...and ever since, the home screen is wiggin' out, toggling (or trembling) between screens, not changing orientation immediately after turning. I've re-calibrated, I've restarted. I've taken out the battery. Sometimes pressing the home button will not work. the screen will get stuck on a screen, or even have "phantom" touches... The drop wasn't a big deal, so I don't get how that could cause the issue.
    Also, when I restart or completely shut down and restart, the starup is suspiciously TOO fast... Like it's not booting up properly. any thought?

6. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    Seattle
    I updated to 2.3 yesterday and I also noticed that the boot time is a lot faster. It used to take a couple of minutes. I timed it this morning and it took about 45 seconds.