1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Screen keeps locking!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jkruer01, Mar 1, 2010.

1. jkruer01

jkruer01 Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Within the past week my droids screen started locking everytime I was on a call. This is very annoying!! I call my voicemail and before I am allowed to enter my password I have to unlock the screen. When I finish a call I have to unlock the screen before I hang up. When I leave a voicemail I have to unlock the screen before I hang up! This is driving me nuts!!! Please someone tell me how to fix this problem.

Thanks!
    Jeremy

Advertisement

2. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Can you go into settings and change the time before the screen is locked to something longer than what it already is?

3. jkruer01

jkruer01 Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I don't see that as an option anywhere.

Jeremy

4. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Sorry...

Menu / settings / sound & display / screen timeout (very last thing on the list)

You have a choice of 15 seconds, 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 10 min, or 30 min.

5. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    CVS Photolab Technician
    Toms River, NJ
    Is the phone next to your face?

6. jkruer01

jkruer01 Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Yes.

Jeremy

7. jkruer01

jkruer01 Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Screen timeout is set to 1 minute. I'm not talking about the screen turning off/going black.

When I make a phone call and put the phone to my ear, the screen turns off as always, however, before when I pulled it away from my ear the screen turned back on and the phone display was shown where I could end a call, pull up the dial pad, turn on speaker phone etc. Now, when I pull the phone away from my ear, the screen turns back on, but it is locked so I have to unlock the phone (put in the pattern) before I can end the call, pull up the dial pad, turn on speaker phone, etc. It did not use to be this way before. It is very annoying because, for example, I call my voicemail, put it to my ear just long enough to hear the prompt for my password, and when I pull it away the screen is locked and I have to unlock (put in the pattern) before I can even pull up the dial pad to enter my password.

Also, I can't remember if it has always been this way or not, but now I noticed when I get a call, I have to unlock the phone (put in the pattern) before the screen will even show me who is calling. I have missed several phone calls recently because it took me too long to get the pattern entered before it went to voicemail. Like I said, it may have always been like this but I never noticed it before.

Thanks!
    Jeremy

8. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    CVS Photolab Technician
    Toms River, NJ
    I think its a bug with the lock pattern, when it was working did you have a lock pattern set?

9. jkruer01

jkruer01 Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I can't remember. I will deactivate the lock pattern and see if that fixes it.

Jeremy

10. PAL

PAL New Member

Apr 3, 2010
    The same exact thing is happening to me. It was not always this way, but has started in the last week or two. I disabled my lock pattern to see if that would fix it, but it doesn't. I now have to swipe to unlock before I can answer a call, end a call, pull up dial pad, anything! It's especially annoying if I have to call a business with a menu system. I have to unlock the screen before pressing each menu selection. Could it be a particular app we installed that caused this to happen? I only have a few, the most recent was Handcent SMS I believe. Please help!

11. Did it start after 2.1? I thought I read that one of the "fixes" was for security/unlock pattern...maybe they broke it? Or, if you aren't updated yet maybe it really will fix it :)
    I don't have a suggestion or can't offer any help though, just thought it may be related.