• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen keeps shutting off during call

The screen keeps shutting off during a call. When I call someplace that has requires entering touch tones to navigate their voice system, I can't do it at all. After the screen shuts off it won't turn back on. I can't dial numbers, hangup, or anything. It's as if though it stops detecting motion. Sometimes the screen returns when I slap it only to have it shut off again after 5 seconds. There should at least be a configuration option to set the screen shutoff time during a call. Has anyone else had this problem?:thinking:

If you place the screen near your face, there is a sensor that automatically shuts the screen off. Its to prevent "face dialing" during the call. When you bring the phone away from your ear, the sensor activates the screen again.

If you hold the phone away from your face (using speakerphone or whatever) then your phone will follow the normal "screen timeout" settings you're using.

If your phone shuts off the screen before you hit the touchpad, either hit the power button once, or bring the phone up to your ear for a second and bring it back down. It should activate the screen after that.

Reactions: regalsoft
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones