1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Screen less responsive while charging?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by karmamule, Mar 17, 2011.

1. karmamule

karmamule Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    A little while ago I was typing a text message and noticed that the keyboard response was sluggish, and I had to keep re-hitting keys. It was a far cry from the silky smooth response I had at first.

Of course my first thought was a rogue app, so shut down a bunch of stuff running, but still sluggish. I unplugged it to look at something closer and suddenly everything was smooth again.

At first I assumed that was coincidence, but the moment I plugged it back in the sluggishness returned. I unplugged again, and once more it was smooth as could be.

HOWEVER, a couple minutes ago before posting I plugged it in again and it seems just as responsive, no slowdown. So, I'm a bit puzzled. It really seemed correlated to plugging in / unplugging, but now it's fine. Any thoughts? Anyone else see something like this?

Advertisement

2. oc|-titan

oc|-titan Newbie
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Automatic down-clocking while charging maybe? Not sure what kind of battery settings are available but i wonder if its similar to creating a setCPU profile to limit the speeds while charging.

3. karmamule

karmamule Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    Interesting idea: I noticed it had reached 100% when having it plugged in no longer seemed sluggish, so that would seem to support your idea.

4. Gosub

Gosub Lurker
    None

Apr 27, 2011
    I would like to add my two cents to this issue...

I noticed the UI sluggishness right away and it's *always* only when the unit is plugged into AC. At first it seemed the problem only occurred when the unit was fully charged and still plugged in, but it also happens when the unit is <100% and charging.

The issue is quite annoying and I can easily reproduce the problem by simply plugging/unplugging the AC adapter. What I find strange is not only is the UI sluggish but it seems I actually have to press *harder* for a button press to take effect. It's not a *time* or *duration* issue for me. Meaning, it's not a matter of me having to hold the button press longer - I have to physically press harder.

Anyway, was Googling around to see if I could find others having this same problem and glad I found this thread.

5. CyberPitz

CyberPitz Android Enthusiast
    None

May 17, 2010
    Joplin, MO
  6. Gosub

Gosub Lurker
    None

Apr 27, 2011