• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen lights and stays on at night

wrswaim

Lurker
Dec 6, 2012
I set my phone down for the night and screen goes black. Fine. BUT inevitably every night, regardless of screen timeout settings, I wake up and see the screen light is shining bright... There've been no calls or messages. It comes on for some reason and stays on.
I turn it over face down for all night. I get up in the wee hours there it is: on, shining bright no auto shutdown of screen light. It ignores it's own settings.
I check screen time settings and they're correct,... and it goes off fine during the day within 5 seconds and stays off until I click a button. But only at night it comes on, stays on. So now my body clock gets up to turn dumb screen off and hard to get back to sleep . I shouldn't have to turn it off every night and my job requires I keep it on 24/7.
What is going on and how can it be fixed?!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones