1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General screen lint/dust

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by swe3t23, Jan 13, 2010.

1. swe3t23

swe3t23 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    has anyone got any lint or dust in their screen.

Do you guys put in your pocket?

I got a lent on the bottom screen quiet annoying.

Advertisement

2. aleis

aleis Android Expert
    None

Nov 14, 2009
    with change, lint and keys i never put it in my pocket.
    i always advise against it.
    that being said, u know anyone with airblower? :cool:

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    First person I have seen report dust under screen on eris

4. smittythepig

smittythepig Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 29, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    i saw dust under the screen on one of the store demo models. i have been so afraid to find any on mine that i haven't even looked. i heard so much about the Droid having this problem and ended up checking mine (had one before the Eris) and sure enough there were several pieces of dust/lint under the screen. i just decided when i got the Eris that i wouldn't bother looking. i was sick of returning phones. and it shouldn't have any effect on the performance. it sucks and it's irritating. and if it's really bad i would return it. i'll probably take a look at mine eventually though i am still scared at what i might find. seems it's a common problem these days on all phones.

5. swe3t23

swe3t23 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    Is there a way to get rid of the lint. Does Verizon really exchange phones if dust/lint in screen?

6. Matlock

Matlock Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 6, 2010
    Co-Manager of SONIC Drive-In
    Texas!
    I highly doubt they'll exchange your phone for something so simple as lint or dust.

Me personally, I Manage in the Fast Food industry (SONIC) and I am around Grease, Dust, People running around & running inside and outside constantly. I worry mostly about getting Grease between my hard keys more than anything. But I keep my phone in a leather hip pouch. It used to wipe the screen clean of dust; before I put a leather case on it (Now it has a space between the case and the screen so now it doesn’t touch the pouch at all)

But with all the chaos at work, no problem keeping the Eris clean of minimal grease and dust. The screen protector is amazing, no scratches at all unlike the protector for my LG Dare I had prior.

So I am not sure what to tell ya on protecting it from dust, all you can do is take care of it. It's an electronic piece of equipment and cost a hundred bucks for most. Not cheap in any sense. Get a sleeve, a pouch, a case or whatever you feel will help protect your phone the best and fit your lifestyle. ^__^