1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Screen Lock and Screen Timing Out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rageagainstjg, Feb 23, 2011.

1. rageagainstjg

rageagainstjg Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Hey All,
    I need help with the screen turn off timer and slider unlock screen.

Can somebody please tell me of an app, widget setting or whatever that will make my phone work like this.

I want my phone to almost always have the screen turned on but after lets say 2 min. of no use I would like for the screen to only dim and not fully turn off.
    After that the screen dims I would like for the slide to unlock screen to appear. While the screen on the slide to unlock screen I would like the capabilities to have certain widgets display which would tell me of missed calls, new emails, or new text messages. After sliding to unlock I do not want to have to do any of the extra security features of finger print scan, pin, or pattern.

For my second request I would also like the ability to still manual push the button on the top of the phone to turn the screen completely off. When that i turn the phone back on it should go directly to the slide to unlock followed by the appearance of the home screen with no extra step of finger print scanning, pattern or pin entry.

Can anybody out there help me set my phone up this away? I have tried the standard settings in the phone and can not get them to work this way.

Any help would be great.

Advertisement

2. rageagainstjg

rageagainstjg Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    So have I basically asked for the impossible?

3. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    Male
    Houston, TX
    There is a setting I cant remember but it has the hone to dim and not to sleep, just have to uncheck, I saw someone here in another forum topic mention it saying that the phone is always awake but just dimmed

4. miamirulz29

miamirulz29 Guest
    None
    Well first off go to settings > location & security > change screen lock > choose none.
    Go back to settings > display > screen timeout never. Not sure if that dims though.

Also, just know that you will not get any LED notifications unless the screen is off, and a dimmed screen will use more battery than a screen that is off.

5. rageagainstjg

rageagainstjg Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Hey Guys,
    Thanks for responding but I have tried all of the default android froyo settings and can not find anything that works the way I want it too. However I have recently decided that my request is to complicated :(. So my new request is there a widget that I can place on my home screen that I when I tap it the screen will immediately go to the screen lock screen and of course dim the screen. On the dimmed home screened does the notification bar still work? Basically I want to almost void touching the on off button unless that I really want the phone screen to actually be turned off or completely turn the phone off.

Anybody able to help me here.

6. rageagainstjg

rageagainstjg Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Anybody out there?