1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen lock issues Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH i777 2.3.6 update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by venkatasy, Dec 28, 2011.

1. venkatasy

venkatasy Lurker

I have recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S2 from att which has 2.3.4 installed. The screen lock feature doesnt work properly as I am able to bypass it sometimes. I have checked for software updates and there is a 20mb update available. But read from other sources that there are issues (battery, WIFI etc) with the new 2.3.6 release. Could anyone please suggest if I can proceed with installing the update and if this fixes the security flaw.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BlackeyE

BlackeyE Newbie

upgraded to 2.3.6 a week ago and everything seems to be working fine. The screen lock bug has been fixed. No problem with WiFi or battery for mine.

3. schwenger

schwenger Member

Same as me.

4. asjdwf

asjdwf Member

Did both of you do over the air up
    date or through keis?

5. venkatasy

venkatasy Lurker

Thanks for the info guys... BTW I came to know from one of Dev's in XDA Dev site that the settings for screen time out and lock time out are different which was causing the issue. Having set the values accordingly, its now working fine...

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews