1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support screen lock pattern not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by renerae1126, Mar 29, 2011.

1. renerae1126

renerae1126 Lurker
    None

Mar 29, 2011
    my phone will not lock the screen anymore. all of a sudden it stopped working, i put a password or pattern in and it says its set up but when i hit the short cut button on top to lock it, it turns the screen off but as soon as i hit a button it turns screen on and no lock code/patter/password shows up.. i jus got this phone and this happened after the second day, have no idea what happened, call the 1800 number but they read out of a book>>No help...i cant even get my phone back to the original lock screen when i got the phone. Help please!!!

Advertisement

2. unnamedny

unnamedny Android Expert
    None

Dec 26, 2010
    That's strange. Try downloading NoLock app and try to put a lock back on. If you want to reset your phone turn off the phone, then hold power button+Volume down button+Home button at the same time the phone will reset. You are going to lose all your data if you will do so.

3. reilus

reilus Android Enthusiast
    None

The same thing happened to me today. I haven't found a fix yet and I don't want to rebuild my distro -- again.

4. renerae1126

renerae1126 Lurker
    None

Mar 29, 2011
    data as in contacts, pictures, videos, app?? if so i dont want to loose my data. ill try the nolock

Tags: