1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen Locked by Go Launcher...

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by frawal, Jan 26, 2016.

1. frawal

frawal Lurker

Hi everyone, I have installed the worst app ever: Go Launcher Prime on my Samsung Galaxy S5 everything was fine until for no good reason, I was suddenly blocked from doing anything. I can't move any app, I can't modify anything... It keeps saying that it's locked. I sure didn't lock anything myself and even though I got a lot to do today (well, too late now...), I have wasted most of my day trying to figure out how to unlock the damn thing???
    If I click on the Edit icon, it says:
    "Edit Locked. Unlock in "Menu-Preferences-Unlock Edit"
    Can anyone PLEASE help me out or tell me where on earth is "Menu-Preferences-Unlock Edit".
    Again, I've been on it for at least 6 hours, I haven't found it. I feel like throwing the stupid phone out the window and learn smoke messages from now on...
    I wish I had one of the morons who "designed" that thing right here in front of me :mad: and click on his face until it unlocks :mad:... I'm not sure it'd help but I'd feel much better :eek:
    Anyway, STAY AWAY FROM GO LAUNCHER unless you enjoy wasting your time. :(
    Even a full can of spinach did't help...

#1 frawal, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

We here have been telling people to stay away from Go Launcher for the last couple of years actually.

3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Look for the Hamburger bar (3 dots in the lower right corner and tap on that, then tap on Go settings.

4. frawal

frawal Lurker

I'm sorry dude, I just go here today :cool:

5. frawal

frawal Lurker

I can't find those 3 dots anywhere or anything useful to get out of there. Believe me, I've looked and tried every possible option. I'm stuck!? Has this ever happened to anyone and is there anyway out short of reinstalling or throwing away the device?

#5 frawal, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  6. glc

glc Android Enthusiast

Install a different launcher, or goto the Apps manager, remove the default setting of Go Launcher, or just uninstall Go Launcher.
    Then hit the home key and make the stock launcher the default.

Crashdamage likes this.
  7. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I don't know what to tell you frawal. Here's a picture of what your Go Launcher Prime home screen should look like from the Play Store. The 3 dots are in the lower right corner next to the Recent apps button
    [​IMG]

I know there are so called free GO Launcher apk files out in the wild but the problem with them is you never knows what the poster has removed or added. If you didn't get it from the Play Store just dump it.

8. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

There is always the option of factory reset from recovery.

9. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

true but it should be the last option you have to try. Factory reset is not a fix all for everything and can cause issues with some devices

tube517 and Crashdamage like this.
  10. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Play store or not, it would be wise to dump anything by Go.

tube517 and argedion like this.
  11. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

If you go to the Play Store on a PC browser, you might be able to remotely install Apex or Nova launcher. Once it installs on your phone, the home buttom should give you the option of selecting the new launcher. Good luck!

argedion likes this.
  12. glc

glc Android Enthusiast

Boot in safe mode and remove it.

Crashdamage likes this.
  13. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Hmm, we have a thread that is discussing how bad Go Launcher is, and you post a message listing it as one of the "best android launcher apps"! This rather suggests that you didn't actually read the thread you were posting this to...

tube517 and Crashdamage like this.
  14. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

I'm 90% sure every launcher has their own "blah blah settings" app added to your list of apps, that's where you'd find the whole preferences thing for go launcher. If anything just uninstall it. Also those three dots at the bottom bright aren't a go launcher feature that's the menu key on that particular device's nav bar, something a Samsung isn't going to have.

15. LucyLuLuu

LucyLuLuu Lurker

I know it's been awhile but just in case.....
    (Long press) Go settings-screen-uncheck lock edit