• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Screen Locked" ? Help! =(

davidxdgaf

Lurker
Sep 3, 2011
I have the Samsung Intercept for Virgin Mobile.
I can't move or delete icons on my screen and when i try to it just says "screen locked" in the top left corner..
If anyone could PLEASE tell me how to unlock? my screen so i can move icons and apps around it would be very helpful and appreciated!!

-David

I can't move or delete icons on my screen and when i try to it just says "screen locked" in the top left corner..

You mean that your home screen (or the home screen and the other four screens) are locked? Or that the screen that appears when you turn on your phone or wake it from sleep is locked?

Screen lock normally refers to the latter -- but you can't change the appearance of that screen except between the pattern, password, or pin, so I'm unsure what you're talking about.

Have you tried turning the phone off and pulling the battery?

And I hesitate to ask this, but did you buy the phone from a store? If you purchased a stolen phone, there is software available that allows the owner to lock the phone.

Upvote 0
have the same problem....I can' t move or delete icons on my screen or change/add shortcuts and when i try to it says "screen locked" in the top left corner...its the home screen not lock screen...someone plese HELP...

I don't have much to add to what I wrote above.

In settings, the only setting for screen lock relates to what happens on the lock screen -- no lock, pattern, PIN, or password. So which of those do you see on the lock screen?

You say you can't move or delete icons or change/add shortcuts. Can you access apps? access settings? make phone calls? do anything?

Where did you buy your Intercept, and how long ago?

Upvote 0
Locked Thrive, Samsung Stratosphere and Samsung Infuse. I was hacked after the 'CARRIER IQ' was given to me by HTC and Verizon. Hackers went after every single peice of equipment that had radio waves/ So far they've been at me for 3 months. At least I have their IP's. Now it's just incredibly incredibly annoying. I waste 3/4 of my time fixing the messes they make. Here's another one.

Upvote 0
I have the exact same problem. I have a samsung and when I long click on apps to uninstall or move to my home screens a message that says screen locked appears in the top left corner of the screen.

I've deleted my most recent apps. I've gone through every setting available (I have Go Launcher EX). Nothing works.

Upvote 0
Wrong forum, but we can still assist. I haven't used Go Launcher in quite some time, but if I recall correctly there's an option to lock the screen elements in place. You may need to dig around in the settings to find it. Another possible solution would be to clear the data for Go Launcher. That will have the effect of resetting it to the default settings.

Upvote 0
have the same problem....I can' t move or delete icons on my screen or change/add shortcuts
and when i try to it says "screen
locked" in the top left corner...its the home screen not lock screen...someone plese HELP...

also experienced the same problem but I was able to unlock the home screen. Go to your app drawer, then open the "More" tab and look for "Unlock Screen".

Upvote 0
for all those who are haggling with the screen locked problem wherein you are unable to edit screen icon positions or change wallpapers, the solution is simple.

the setting is from the go launcher app.

from the home screen press the menu options soft key / button and you will get the go launcher menu.
click on the 'more' tab where you'll find the option 'unlock screen'. click on it and problem solved.

happy androiding.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones