1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Screen locked

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bondroid, Oct 13, 2011.

1. bondroid

bondroid Lurker
    None

Oct 13, 2011
    Locked myself out of my home screen. Now it will not let me enter mu gmail information says too many incorrect attemps. Verizon telling me I have to go back to factory setting. Any other way????

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    If you can't enter your gmail login info I know of no other way other than a factory reset. You might want to double check with the other owners of your device to be certain that is your only recourse. Pick your phone from this list and follow the provided link. Android Phones - Android Forums Best of luck to you and thanks for using AF.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums!

If you don't have an active data connection, you really only have factory reset option. I know there was a bug on some HTC phones that would let you get past the lock if you did something like press the power button before the phone fully boots (or something like that, i don't recall exactly, but Droids i don't think have anyway to bypass the lock.

Now, if you are sure your wifi or 3g is active, then log onto the gmail account the phone is registered to from a pc and change the password. Then reboot the phone. When it asks you for the account credentials, enter the new password. See if that will work for you.

Find the forum for your model phone and ask the people there is there's a way to bypass the lock screen.