• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

screen looks awful with screen protector

Reverence

Android Enthusiast
Jun 21, 2010
I wasn't to bothered by the pixelated qHD display that much up until yesterday when I put a screen protector on and now the screen quality looks horrible. The colors are off and over saturated. Not to mention gradients and color transitions look awful, and looking at pictures on Facebook look bad. I like the screen because you can see it well outside, but the bad quality might be a deal breaker for me on this phone.

Anyone else noticed bad image quality, especially with a screen protector?

I wasn't to bothered by the pixelated qHD display that much up until yesterday when I put a screen protector on and now the screen quality looks horrible. The colors are off and over saturated. Not to mention gradients and color transitions look awful, and looking at pictures on Facebook look bad. I like the screen because you can see it well outside, but the bad quality might be a deal breaker for me on this phone.

I bet you got anti-glare protectors and they are really hazie looking. I have my wife pick up some and he came home with the same and yes it makes the screen look horrible. Get the other kind (not sure what they call them) just get dont get the anti-glare and you should be fine. Should look like a factory screen did....

Upvote 0

greens, blues, reds, are HORRIBLE.

Everything else is good. I also got terrible headaches using the phone with its stock LCD density.

Thank god for rooting.

Rooted bionic, set LCD density to 260. Now it is FANTASTIC!

(OK, reds, greens, blues still suck, and there is a bit of pixelation noticed, but look far away from your screen and pentile is fine).

Upvote 0
I bet you got anti-glare protectors and they are really hazie looking. I have my wife pick up some and he came home with the same and yes it makes the screen look horrible. Get the other kind (not sure what they call them) just get dont get the anti-glare and you should be fine. Should look like a factory screen did....

Believe it or not, I have the regular ones and not the anti glare ones. I dont know what it is. Im going to stop in the store and compare mine with the display model. I really like this phone but the screen is killing me :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones