• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen mirroring on Fire TV

TomTech

Lurker
Feb 4, 2015
I have both a Galaxy S5 and a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition and neither device will screen mirror with my new Amazon Fire TV. Has anyone else had issues with this? Followed all the steps perfectly and it comes up with either a time out error or a hardware error. All three devices are new and I figured with an Android back end all would be able to talk. Both my phone and tablet see the Fire TV as an option of available devices but simply will not connect. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks, Tom

I see this post is from February 2015, it is now November 2015. I just upgraded and bought the new Fire TV Box (4k) and the mirroring function does not work with my Windows 8.1 Laptop. It was working perfect with my old box, what gives? is anyone having the same issue? Windows will not pick up the box as a new device when doing the "add a wireless device" function.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones