1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen Mirroring

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bistritapcv, Aug 5, 2020.

1. bistritapcv

bistritapcv Member

I was reading that Google 6.0+ cannot handle screen mirroring. Why is that? It really astounds me that something as technological as Google cannot handle screen mirroring, or right click - copy, etc.

2. Herman McGill

Herman McGill Lurker

Hey there,

Open the account icon down in the lower right corner. Then scroll down to Mirror device.

Let us know if you see that cast option there.

Hope it helps

3. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Unfortunately Google has chosen not to support Miracast or other screen mirroring options, instead favoring their own (Chrome)Cast solution. You can learn about Casting your device's screen here:
    https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/2865484

(PS: I'd encourage you to use Settings > About phone > Send feedback about this device to let the Pixel team know how badly you'd like to use screen mirroring.)

Jfalls63, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i would look into chrome cast. it is a superb bit of tech. i use it on a daily basis.

5. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

The trouble is that some TVs (and other displays) are set up to handle Miracast natively, and don't require you to purchase additional hardware.

(Of course, some displays also support Google Cast natively.)

I do think that Google Cast is the superior solution for most cases, but I also think it's silly for Google to not support the "standard" screen mirroring options as well.

ocnbrze, Jfalls63 and Dannydet like this.
  6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

"Big tech company only supports its own proprietary solution" is unfortunately an everyday tale, and one that's not limited to Google.

Mind you I don't understand the comment about copy: long press is the equivalent of right click(*), then you can adjust the selection and choose cut/copy/paste as desired.

(*) though I find "right click" confusing as it assumes you are using a particular handedness of mouse, and not the one I most commonly use. "Secondary button" would be more universal.

Google Pixel 2 Forum

The Google Pixel 2 release date was October 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 2700mAh battery.

October 2017
Release Date
Reviews