• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen misaligned?

BobbyPhoenix

Nov 6, 2010
Orlando, Florida
So I have my DHD since Oct, and I just recently noticed the screen seems to be off center, or misaligned. It's not a big issue, but I'm curious if others are like mine. If you look at the pics you can see the black boarders on each side of the screen, and the one on the right is bigger, but it's not just a thicker boarder, but if you look close (if you look at yours you may need to angle it in light to see the true boarder and the emptyness) you can see the screen seems to be positioned more to the left, and it seems to go from top to bottom (meaning at the top the boarder is right next to the screen, and the gap gets bigger as it gets to the bottom). Inside the boarder there is black empty space, but only on the right side. The left side is right next to the boarder. It almost seems like the screen underneath the glass is shifted. I hope I didn't confuse anyone, but I'm just wondering if it is misaligned there may be a way to fix it.

Attachments

• DHD gap on right side of screen 2.JPG
    DHD gap on right side of screen 2.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 98
  • DHD gap on right side of screen.JPG
    DHD gap on right side of screen.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 96
  • DHD gap on right side of screen 4.JPG
    DHD gap on right side of screen 4.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 105
it is not a problem; that is part of the skin. you can change the skin and get a new dock. that is not a screen issue

Look at my second post with "here" "not here". I'm not talking about the skin and dock. The actual screen under the top glass with the black painted boarder. Anyway, it seems to be the way they are made, so I guess I have to live with it. I'm sure HTC would have recalled them if they thought it was a manufacturing defect. I guess.

Upvote 0
Well well well. I sent my phone to HTC to fix my issues. Just got it back today. 100% perfect! The screen is positioned beautifully. They even removed the one little spec of dust that I had trapped there. I really thought it would come back with a note saying they couldn't fix anything. I am very impressed. I guess with the screen being off center is what made the SIM cover be off also. When I looked at the phone from the front the right side SIM cover was in more than the left. Well now it's 100% perfect! The only thing they didn't (couldn't) fix is the speaker grill being at a slight angle. Since it's CNC'd into the aluminium body they would have had to replace the entire body. I can live with that now that the rest is perfect. Oh and I know it's my same phone since I made little tiny marks where only I could see them, and they are still there now. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones