1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Screen not turning off during call

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by skydiverMN, Aug 15, 2011.

1. skydiverMN

skydiverMN Newbie
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    IT
    My family has 2 Motorola Atrix phones. On one of them the screen turns off when brought to the face for a phonecall. The other, does not turn off during a call, and this causes all sorts of problems (accidently ending call, mute, etc.). The screen turn-off feature needs to be enabled as there'd be no reason to turn it off, unless done by accident. What setting am I looking for to make the phone turn off during a call? Or is there something wrong with the phone?

Thanks!

SkydiverMN
    :D

Advertisement

2. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 6, 2010
    Computer Consultant
    New Orleans

Sounds like a proximity sensor problem. Does the phone have a case on it? If so, try to make sure the case isn't covering the sensor. Also, I've heard that some screen protectors can cause issues with them as well. Otherwise, you might have a hardware problem with the sensor itself.

I believe the sensor on the Atrix is above and to the right of the "A" in Motorola. You should see two sensors. One is an ambient light sensor and the other is a proximity sensor. They're only maybe 2mm in diameter and you might need some bright light to see them.

3. Cellus250

Cellus250 Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm having the same problem. I noticed this problem as well other problems occurring after the OS update. I'm using an otterbox defender's case and never had a problem before the update. I'm exchanging mine tomorrow.

4. koksal1981

koksal1981 Lurker
    None

Oct 17, 2012
    i had the same problem, setting the pocket mode off and rebooting helped me.